Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Apple Pie Deluxe


A favourite dessert is apple pie, the one with all apple and little pie. You can usually pick one up from a country bakery or food stall that has been made with more apples than pastry. You could make your own. I like to expand my apple pie into what I call, a deluxe model or apple pie deluxe. It's simple really, I buy a ready made apple pie, carefully cut the top off and fill it up with a can of pears (drain the juice before hand), diced banana and some dried mixed fruit (sultanas, cherry, grape, raisin, orange peel, ginger). Put the top back on, warm it up and serve. I like it warm, others may like ice cream or with custard and cream either way it adds to the apple pie experience. You can soak the mixed fruit in the pear juice before topping your apple pie deluxe if you like.

I buy from our local bakery because they make an awesome apple pie, and its easy to cut the top off. Sometimes when out and about and I spy a cake shop or food stall I will look for an apple pie.

To remove the top use a sharp knife cutting carefully around the inside edge will do nicely. If it crumbles or breaks, just crumble it up some more and sprinkle over the top before you put it in the microwave to warm.


No Apple Pie!

Try any fruit pie from a bakery, add a can of apples to spread over pie, add any other fruit of your choice, heat and eat. This is a Rhubarb Pie with the top off ready for a covering of apples and pears, then warm to eat.


Food is for fun, enjoy it.

Bon Appetite

No comments:

Post a Comment